Vonage Port Forwarding: Set It Up In A Few Easy Steps
The Vonage router features a basic firewall that protects your network from unauthorized connections. However, to effectively run some applications and games, you need to open specific ports or port forward. We give you a step by step guide from setting up a static IP address to creating a port forward entry to enable you Vonage port forwarding on your router.
Set Up a Static IP Address
You need to set up a static IP address in the device receiving the forwarded ports. This ensures reliable port forwarding by maintaining your ports open in case of a power outage or your device reboots.
Log in To Your Vonage Router
Your Vonage router features a web interface. Thus, to log in, you need a web browser such as Edge, Chrome, or Firefox and proceed as follows:
- Find the address bar on your chosen browser.
- Replace the address on the address bar with your router’s IP address, 192.168.15.1, and press Enter. This action will open a box, prompting you to enter your login credentials.
- Enter the default Vonage router credentials Username: user and Password: user and click the login tab.
Find The Port Forwarding Section
To find the port forwarding section on your Vonage router:
- Click the Advanced tab near the top of the page.
- Check the User radio tab by clicking on it.
- Click the New tab at the bottom of the page.
Creating A Port Forward Entry
To create a port forward entry:
- Enter a name in the Rule Name box. The name helps to remind you why you created the specific port forward entry.
- Select the protocol that you want to forward the ports over in the Protocol box.
- If you are forwarding one port, enter the port number into the Port Start and Port End boxes. For a range of port forwarding, enter the lowest number of the range into the Port Start Box and the highest number into the Port End Box.
- Enter the values entered in the Port Start Box into the Port Map Box.
- Click the Apply tab once you finish and test your ports to check whether they are open.