How To Login to your Ubee Router – Find IP, Default User, Password
Logging in to your Ubee router will enable you to access your router’s setup page and change default credentials or configure settings such as port forwarding rules.
Things You Will Need Beforehand
You will need the following details beforehand to log in to your Ubee router:
- Your Ubee router IP address
- Your Ubee router default login credentials
Finding your Ubee Router IP Address
Ubee routers feature two IP addresses, that is, an external IP address and an internal IP. The internal IP address provided by your router is what you use to communicate with it, and you will use this IP to log in to your router and configure settings such as port forwarding rules. On the other hand, the external IP is what the rest of the world uses to connect to you on the internet. Thus, if you are hosting a game or a server, you will give this address to the people trying to connect with you. If you are using Windows, you can find your Ubee router’s internal IP address using the ipconfig command-line tool that comes with Windows. To do this:
- Click the Start menu on your computer and find the Run Command. A small dialog box will appear.
- In the dialog box, type cmd and press Enter or click the Ok tab. This action will open a black window with white text. This window is the Command Prompt.
- On the Command Prompt window, type ipconfig and press Enter.
- Your IP address will appear under the Default Gateway title.
In addition to windows, you can use OSX to access your router settings. To do this, follow the steps below:
- If you have an Apple device, open your window’s Terminal Window by clicking on Finder, then Applications, then Utilities, and, finally, Terminal.
- Enter the command, netstat -nr | grep default, then click Enter
- The PC will process this request and show your IP address on the dialog box.
How to Log in to your Ubee Router
Now that you know your Ubee router IP address, you can proceed to log in. Ubee routers feature a web interface. This implies that to log in and access the setup page on your router, you will need a browser such as Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari for Mac users. You will also need access to the internet, either through Wi-Fi or LAN cable.
To log in and connect to your Ubee router’s interface for diagnostics or configurations, follow the steps below:
- Start by connecting your Ubee router to the internet through Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable. If you have forgotten your Wi-Fi password, use an ethernet cable, which does not require a password.
- Open your choice browser and navigate to the Address Bar. On the address bar, enter the IP address of your Ubee router (Most Ubee routers use the IP address 192.168.100.1), then press Enter. You should connect to your Ubee router before performing this action or you’ll get directed to an error page.
- The above action will open the login window prompting you to log in with your credentials. In the username and password fields, enter your Ubee router’s default username and password, then press Enter. You may find these credentials at the back of your router or its manual. If you changed your credentials, use your new credentials, but you would need a reset if you forgot them.
Resetting Your Ubee Router Password
If you forget your Ubee modem login credentials, you need to reset them to log in. Hard resetting your Ubee router restores it to its factory settings. This implies that your credentials will reset to the default if you had changed them in the past. After hard resetting, you should be able to log in to your router using the default credentials.
However, resetting your router should be the last resort. You can try troubleshooting your router and log in with the following steps:
- Check your router’s IP address. One of the reasons you may not successfully log in is if you enter the wrong IP address. Thus, double-check your IP address to ensure you entered the correct one for your Ubee router model.
- Log in using the default username and password. Even if you had changed your credentials, you should try logging in with your Ubee router default login credentials. These default credentials may vary slightly depending on your Ubee router model.
If you cannot log in to your router after following the above steps, then a hard reset is the only option you remain with. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Power on your router and locate the reset button.
- Using a pointed object, long-press the Reset button at the bottom of your router for 15 to 30 seconds or until its lights start blinking.
- Wait for the lights to become stable, as this is an indication of a successful reset. If you are having issues resetting your router, contact customer support for assistance.
When resetting your Ubee modem, you should note that you will lose your connection online, but you should be able to connect after the reset.
How to Change Ubee Router Login Details
After resetting your router, it is advisable to change your credentials for security reasons. To do this:
- Log in to your router with the default username and password
- On your router’s web interface, click Wireless on the top menu
- Select Primary Network
- Select WPA/WPA2 Key to find the serial number
- To display the password, select the Show Key option.
- Delete the contents and enter your new password. For security purposes, you should set a hard-to-crack password.
- Thereafter, scroll down and press the Apply key and close the web interface.
Your Ubee router login credentials are vital, and setting them to something you can easily remember is important. With the above guide, you will save up on paying technicians to reset your router. However, if you experience difficulties with the above setup, contact Ubee directly to discuss how to resolve them.