The King of Fighters XV (also known as KOF XV) is SNK’s upcoming fighting game. It’s set to be released on February 17 officially, 2022 for Windows, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5.
Following the events of KOF XIV, the narrative mainly focuses on two fighters with supernatural abilities, namely Shun’ei and Isla, and other returning heroes battling revived dangers.
When you play The King of Fighters XV, you might want to consider opening some ports on your router to improve your online gaming experience. Don’t know how to go about it? Read on to learn more.
The King of Fighters XV Port Forwarding
Let’s face it – you wouldn’t want to experience sudden disconnects or high ping while playing The King of Fighters XV. Fortunately, you can avoid these issues via port forwarding, but you’ll need to know which ports The King of Fighters XV requires. Well, look no further!
Port needed to run The King of Fighters XV
Here are the ports you need to open for seamless KOF XV gameplay:
Ports to open for Xbox One and Xbox Series X
|UDP:||88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500|
Ports to open for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5
Ports to open for Steam
How to enable The King of Fighters XV Port Forwarding
Before you can open the required ports for The King of Fighters XV, you must have the following pieces of information:
- Your router’s IP address
- Your gaming device’s IP address
Now, follow these simple instructions:
- Go to your web browser.
- Type your router’s IP address in the URL bar.
- Once your router’s setup page opens up, log in using your username and password.
- Click the “Port Forwarding” option.
- Type your gaming device’s IP address in the appropriate field.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports for KOF XV in the proper field.
- Restart your router to apply these changes.
That’s about it!
Why use a Port Forwarding add-on?
If you’re new to the world of Port Forwarding, you may encounter difficulties with manual configuration. For instance, you could have trouble finding the correct settings as not all routers are the same.
Lucky for you, there’s a straightforward Port Forwarding solution available. As a gamer, the Port Forwarding add-on is something you should have in your arsenal. It lets you quickly open specific ports, block all ports, or open all ports!
Benefits of a Port Forwarding add-on
Here are some benefits of using the Port Forwarding add-on:
- Access your computer remotely from outside your home network.
- Give your P2P downloads a boost of speed.
- Establish a direct connection with gaming servers.
- Host multiplayer games (using a static IP address) without interruption and more!