If you want to play Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 without the usual lag or stutters, then you should consider Port Forwarding. This guide will walk you through the entire process of Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 Port Forwarding since the concept can be difficult to grasp at times.
Everything you need for Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 Port Forwarding
If you have made up your mind about opening ports, then you will need the following things so that the Port Forwarding procedure goes smoothly:
- Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 (hosted here) should be successfully installed on your gaming device.
- You will also need the IP address of your network router.
- Make sure you have your system/gaming device’s IP address too.
- Finally, you will need Command and Conquer Red Alert 3’s TCP and UDP ports. The said ports are mentioned later.
Steps for Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 Port Forwarding
Hopefully, you will have gathered everything mentioned in the list above. We can now begin the actual procedure. Follow the steps below and Port Forwarding Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 in no time:
- In your web browser, put the IP of your network router in the URL field.
- Now enter the user credentials so that you can log into the settings/dashboard.
- Once you have access to the dashboard, search for the Port Forwarding section.
- In the said window, you need to enter the IP for your system/gaming device.
- Similarly, enter the TCP and UDP ports for Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 (the default port number 3783).
- Select Apply and save changed configurations.
- And you are done! Just restart your router once to reflect the configuration changes.
- Now you can easily host a Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 server for your friends to join and play together. Just give them the port number and hostname. E.g. hostname.domain.com:26945.
Ports to open for Command and Conquer Red Alert 3
In order to forward ports, you will need to grant certain ports access through your firewall. This will allow you to enjoy Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 without any gaming stutters or lag. Here are the default ports:
- TCP – 3783, 4321, 6660-6669, 28900, 29900-29901
- UDP – 6515, 6500, 13139, 27900
Open ports efficiently with a Port Forwarding add-on
Why struggle through the complex steps of Port Forwarding when a Port Forwarding add-on can do everything for you in just a few clicks?
TCP and UDP ports for Command and Conquer Red Alert 3
Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 – Windows/PC
- TCP: 3783, 4321, 6660-6669, 28900, 29900-29901
- UDP: 6515, 6500, 13139, 27900
Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 -Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 3074
Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 – PlayStation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480, 5223, 8080
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479, 3658
How to open ports behind CGNAT
Is CGNAT preventing you from opening ports? Well, that is most certainly a problem. But not one without a solution. CGNAT or Carrier-grade Network Address Translation, allows ISPs to assign the same IP to multiple users. The problem is that these users also share the same network hence it becomes rather difficult to manage Port Forwarding using the said IP.
But surely a Port Forwarding add-on can help you forward ports easily even with CGNAT in place.
Port Forwarding Add-on – an effective utility
Open ports with safety
If you find it difficult to follow along with the port forwarding procedure, then maybe it is time to try something different. Perhaps something easier? A big reason for its complexity is that different interfaces for routers make it difficult to follow specific instructions.
Another such reason is the interference of your ISP who regularly blocks ports to prevent you from Port Forwarding. This is a security protocol. Similarly, your system’s firewall may also prove to be a hindrance when it comes to Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 Port Forwarding. That too for security reasons.
But when Port Forwarding becomes a necessity then you will need an effective solution. What better way than using a Port Forwarding add-on? Such a feature can help you open up ports for better gameplay and manage them, all with a few clicks!