Netgear C3700 Port Forwarding: Read This To Set It Up Within Minutes
The Netgear C3700 has a basic firewall that protects your home network by blocking unwanted incoming connections. However, to game efficiently or run specific applications, you may need to open some ports. We provide you with a detailed step by step process for setting up Netgear C3700 port forwarding.
Set up a Static IP Address
Setting up a static IP address in the device receiving the ports is necessary to ensure a reliable port forwarding if your device reboots or a power outage.
Log in To Your Netgear C3700 Router
The Netgear C3700 router features a web interface. Thus, to log in, you need a browser such as Chrome, Edge, or Firefox. On your chosen browser, find the address bar. Replace the address on the address bar with the IP address of your Netgear C3700 router and press Enter. This action will open a box, prompting you to enter your credentials. Input the default Netgear C3700 Username: username and Password: password and click the Login button to log in to your router.
Find The Port Forwarding Section
To find your Netgear C3700 router port forwarding section, go to the first page in your router proceed as follows:
- Open a new menu by clicking the Advanced button
- Click Advanced Setup on the new menu
- Click Port Forwarding/Port Triggering
- Click the Add Custom Service button
Create a Port Forward Entry
To create a port forward entry on your Netgear C3700, follow these steps:
- In the Service Name box, input a name for this entry. The name should be a reminder of the reason for this setup.
- Select the protocol in the Service Type box
- If you are forwarding one port, enter the port number into the External Ending Port and the External Starting Port boxes. If you are forwarding many ports, enter the least number in the External Starting Port and the highest number in the External Ending Port.
- Use the same port range for the Internal port checkbox.
- In the Internal IP Address box, enter your computer’s IP address or other devices on your network, receiving the forwarded ports.
- Click the Apply button to open your Netgear C3700 ports and test them.