Pokémon Brilliant Diamond Port forwarding
Learn how to do port forwarding for Pokémon Brilliant Diamond, a strategy, RPG, and Action game by The Pokémon Company, Nintendo.
How to Set Up Port Forwarding for Pokémon Brilliant Diamond on your Router
Pokémon Brilliant Diamond is the latest installment in the mega-popular RPG series. You play a character who ventures out in the world to capture pocket monsters, have adventures, and clash against rival Pokémon owners. With a fan base numbering in the millions, the Pokémon hype continues with Brilliant Diamond, the most ambitious game in the series yet.
Brilliant Diamond is available exclusively on Nintendo Switch. You can either play it on the move with your handheld, or through your TV with the dock mode. This flexibility with how you want to play it has won it a new generation of fans.
If you want to make your online experience better while playing Pokémon Brilliant Diamond, consider forwarding some ports. Doing so will make your network connection stable. Some games benefit if an incoming network request is forwarded through the router to your game with zero hassles.
Ports Needed to Run Pokémon Brilliant Diamond
Check out these port forwarding instructions to make your Pokémon Brilliant Diamond experience intermittently better and faster.
These ports need to be open for a stable Pokémon Brilliant Diamond online gameplay experience:
Ports to Open on Nintendo Switch
|TCP:||6667, 12400, 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920|
How to Enable Pokémon Brilliant Diamond Port Forwarding
You can open up the required ports by yourself, provided that you follow the instructions on this guide. All you need is a basic understanding of your router’s menu and its settings. If you are familiar with navigating through your router settings, then you won’t have much trouble setting up port forwarding.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Step 1: Determine the IP address on your router. This can be usually done by checking the bottom label on your router. If that doesn’t help, do check out this link to find your IP address.
- Step 2: Determine the IP address on your Nintendo Switch. You can do this by checking the Wi-Fi network icon on your Switch UI. Go to ‘Advanced Options’ and check its properties. Your IP address will be mentioned next to IPv4 address.
Note down the IP addresses. Now we can open the required ports for Pokémon Brilliant Diamond.
- Open your preferred web browser.
- Type the router’s IP address (usually 22.214.171.124) on the address bar.
- You will be redirected to your router’s Settings page if done right.
- Use your router’s login information to sign in.
- Navigate to the “Port Forwarding” settings from your router’s UI.
- Now you will need to manually add your gaming console’s IP address.
- Do the same for TCP and UDP ports as well (see the Ports section above for more details).
- Restart your router to apply these changes.
Port Forwarding as an Add-on
Not familiar with wading around your router settings? You aren’t alone. But no worries. Help is on the way.
Open the ports for your favorite game or app easily and conveniently
Forwarding ports can be a technically cumbersome process on some routers. This is because certain routers feature a non-user-friendly UI. This process is made more complicated once you factor in all the different routers in the market, of various models and make. So yes, configuring port forwards can become needlessly complicated.
Is there any way to make this technically-demanding configuration process easier for the layman? Yes there is. A Port Forwarding Add-on is what you need!
Open and close ports with this helpful and ridiculously simple add-on with just a few clicks. You can even tell it which specific ports you want to configure.
Get the port forwarding add-on and enjoy a superior online gaming experience on Pokémon Brilliant Diamond.
Benefits of Using the Port Forwarding Add-on
- Control your laptop or desktop remotely.
- Boost your P2P downloading speeds, especially if the ISP throttles it.
- Circumvent a Carrier-Grade NAT (CGNAT).
- Make use of VPN services and port forwarding side-by-side.