How to Open Port in Your Router for The Forest
Routers feature a firewall that blocks incoming network requests. This feature is vital in protecting your home network from malicious traffic and hacker attempts. However, for the best gaming experience when playing The Forest, you need to deal with this limitation by forwarding specific ports in your router. Configuring your router with The Forest dedicated server unblocks the firewall to allow incoming connections from other gamers, giving you an amazing gaming experience.
Things You’ll Need Beforehand
Before port forwarding The Forest, you will need to have the following details:
- Your router’s IP address
- The IP address of your gaming device or PC
- The TCP and UDP ports you need to forward for The Forest
Finding Out Your Router’s IP Address
To port forward The Forest, you need to first establish your IP address. You can do so by following the following steps.
- Enter the Command Prompt on your Windows search bar
- Type ipconfig/all in the open Command Prompt Window
- You will see your router’s IP address next to the Default Gateway
How to Port Forward The Forest
Most routers have a web interface. This implies that to access these routers for port forwarding, you need a web browser such as Chrome, Edge, or Firefox. Open your chosen browser and proceed with the following steps to port forward The Forest:
- On your browser, enter your router’s IP address in the address bar.
- Log in with your current router’s credentials (Username & Password).
- Navigate to the port forwarding section on your router’s home page.
- On the port forwarding section, enter the IP address of your PC or gaming console in the appropriate box.
- Enter a name associated with the entry for you to remember the reason for creating it.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports for The Forest in their appropriate boxes. When forwarding one port, you will enter the port number into both Global Port Range. On the other hand, if you are forwarding a couple of ports, enter the lowest port number into the left side Global Port Range and the highest number into the right side Global Port Range boxes. These boxes’ names will vary depending on the type of router you are using to port forward The Forest.
- Enter the values you input in the left Global Port Range in the Base Host Port.
- In the Protocol dropdown, select the protocol you are forwarding that is either TCP or UDP. If your router has the Both option, select it, as this will save you from making two entries as in routers that lack this option.
- Reboot your router to effect the above changes and test your ports to check whether they are open.
Ports to Forward for The Forest
The following comprises a list of ports that you will forward for The Forest:
The Forest – Steam
|27036-2703, 27015-27030, 8776
|4380, 8766, 27000-27031, 27036
The Forest – PlayStation 4