Call of Duty: Vanguard is a new first-person shooter video game from Sledgehammer Games. Published by Activision, it was initially released on September 10, 2021 and is predicted to become the top-selling game of 2021 based on first impressions.
The new COD game is expected to be fully released worldwide in early November. Its campaign is about a group of international soldiers who come together to prevent a Nazi resurgence towards the end of the Second World War.
If you’re facing issues like sudden disconnects, continuous packet loss, and high ping when playing Vanguard online, fret not. There’s a way to improve your gaming experience – all you have to do is open certain ports on your router!
How to Port Forward Call of Duty: Vanguard on Your Router
Unable to play Vanguard to your full potential due to problems like lag? Port forwarding can help, but you’ll need to know which ports Vanguard needs. Don’t worry, as we’ve got you covered!
Ports Needed to Run COD: Vanguard
Below, we’ve listed the ports that you have to open for seamless COD: Vanguard gameplay:
Ports to Open on Xbox One and Xbox Series X
|88, 500, 3074-3079, 3544, 4500
Ports to Open on PlayStation 4 and 5
Ports to Open on PC
How to Enable Call of Duty: Vanguard Port Forwarding
The term port forwarding might sound complicated, but it isn’t difficult to do if you have a little knowledge about your router and its settings. Either way, the steps have been outlined below for your convenience:
- Find your router’s IP address. It’s usually labelled on the bottom of the router. If not, you’ll have to find it manually. Learn more here.
- Find the IP address of your gaming device (like PC, PlayStation, or Xbox).
Now that you have these details on you, it’s time to move forward and open the required ports for Vanguard (Call of Duty).
- Open a web browser.
- Type your router’s IP address in the address bar.
- The settings page of your router will show up. Use your router’s credentials to log in.
- Scroll through the various options until you find “Port Forwarding” and click it.
- Enter your gaming console or PC’s IP address in the correct field.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports for Vanguard in the correct field.
- Restart your router to apply these changes.
You’re all set!
Port Forwarding as an Add-on
A Safe and Hassle-Free Way to Open Desired Ports
If you’re new to the world of port forwarding, you might face difficulties in taking the manual configuration route. After all, different routers have different interfaces that make finding the right settings somewhat complicated.
However, what if we told you there’s a simple port forwarding solution that you can use? Port Forwarding Add-on is just what you need. It lets you open all ports, block all ports, and open specific ports in a few clicks!
Benefits of Using Port Forwarding
Using the Port Forwarding, you can instantly open and block ports. However, there’s more that you can do with it, such as:
- Access your laptop or desktop remotely from anywhere.
- Improve the speed of your P2P downloads.
- Get around Carrier-Grade NAT (also known as CGNAT).