Minecraft Dungeons is a new action role-playing game dungeon crawler video game that was developed by Mojang Studios and Double Eleven. It’s set in the Minecraft world, but it can also be played on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Windows or Xbox One! The player controls one of two characters who must navigate through randomly generated dungeons to escape.
Getting Started with Minecraft: Dungeons Port Forwarding
Routers feature a basic firewall that acts as a security feature by blocking unauthorized incoming connections from the internet. This feature also keeps hackers and other malicious attempts at bay, boosting your online security. Therefore, games such as Minecraft: Dungeons will play better if you open some ports on your router. Minecraft: Dungeons port forwarding surpasses the firewall feature, enabling you to connect with other users on the internet, voice calls, and chat for a fantastic gaming experience. Despite being a useful gaming trick, very few gamers can perform this configuration, which is why we take you through a step-by-step procedure.
Related: What is Port Forwarding
Things You’ll Need Beforehand
To port forward Minecraft: Dungeons, you will need the following details beforehand:
- The IP address of your gaming console or PC. For successful Minecraft: Dungeons port forwarding, you will need a static IP address. This is because this address will remain the same in case of a power outage, the other device disconnecting, or your device reboots. Thus, there will be no break in the port forwarding process as the devices will continue using the same address to connect.
- The UDP and TCP ports for Minecraft: Dungeons that you will forward.
- The IP address of your router
Finding Your Router’s IP Address
Other devices on the internet use the IP address to identify your router. Thus, an IP address is a special series of numbers separated by dots that identifies devices within the internet. To find your router’s IP address:
- Click the Start icon on your PC, and on the Windows Search bar, type Command Prompt.
- On the open Command Prompt window, type ipconfig/all
- You will see your router’s IP address next to the Default Gateway title.
How To Port Forward Minecraft: Dungeons
Minecraft: Dungeons port forwarding is a simple process comprising the steps below:
- Log in to your router using your router’s IP address. Routers feature a web interface. This means that to log in and access its set up page for port forwarding, Wi-Fi password, and network name change, you will need to log in through the web browser. This browser could be Chrome, Microsoft Edge, or Mozilla Firefox.
- Enter the IP address of your router on the address bar and click on Enter to proceed. A window will open, where you will need to log in with your credentials.
- Use the default credentials of your router to log in or updated details if you had changed them before. If you cannot remember your username and password, you will need to hard reset your router. However, this should be the last resort as you will lose all your settings.
- Find the Port Forwarding section. Ideally, you will find this section under Apps and Gaming or Virtual Server, but this may vary depending on your router model. Click on it to open the Port Forwarding page.
- On the Port Forwarding page, click the Service tab and enter a name to remind you why you created this entry. This name will not impact the configuration but rather serves to remind you why you created this entry.
- Enter the IP address of your console in the respective boxes.
- Select the protocol in the Protocol dropdown. You will create one entry if your router model supports the Both protocol. Otherwise, create two if it supports the TCP/UDP protocols.
- Enter the port numbers for Minecraft: Dungeons in the respective boxes, paying attention to the single ports and those occurring in a range.
- Restart your router to effect the above changes.
- Test your router to check whether the ports opened successfully.
Ports to Forward for Minecraft: Dungeons
The following comprises the list of ports to forward for Minecraft: Dungeons depending on your gaming console:
Minecraft: Dungeons – PC
|UDP:||88, 3074, 500, 3544, 4500|
Minecraft: Dungeons – Xbox One
|UDP:||500, 88, 3074, 4500, 3544|
Minecraft: Dungeons – PlayStation 4
Minecraft: Dungeons – Switch
|TCP:||29901, 12400, 28910, 29900, 6667, 29920|
Minecraft: Dungeons – Xbox Series X
|UDP:||88, 4500, 500, 3074, 3544|