Getting Started With Steelrising Port Forwarding
To connect to the internet and play games, you need a router. These routers feature a firewall that protects your home network by blocking unauthorized connections. On the other hand, games like Steelrising will play better if you open some ports on your router. Port forwarding Steelrising stabilizes your connection and improves its speed, enabling you to host multiplayer games, make video calls, and chat with other players. Unfortunately, despite being a useful gaming trick, very few players know how to set up port forwarding. Read through this guide to learn the step-by-step port forwarding procedure and take your gaming experience to another level.
Related: What is Port Forwarding
Things You’ll Need Beforehand
To successful port forward Steelrising, you will need the following details beforehand:
- The IP address of your router
- The IP address of your Xbox One, PC, or PlayStation. An IP address can be static or dynamic. A dynamic IP address will change in case your device reboots, a power outage, or when the other device disconnects. This will interfere with the port forwarding process and cause downtime as the other devices will have to reconnect using a new address. On the other hand, a static IP address will remain the same in case of these scenarios. Thus, for successful and uninterrupted port forwarding, you will need a static IP address of your gaming device.
- The TCP and UDP ports of Steelrising that you will forward.
Finding Your Router’s IP Address
Routers feature an IP address that identifies them on the internet. This address comprises a unique set of numbers separated by dots. If you are a Windows user, you can locate this address using the steps below:
- Click the Start icon on your PC, and on the Windows Search bar, type Command Prompt then press Enter.
- In the open Command Prompt, type ipconfig/all
- You will see your router’s IP next to the Default Gateway title.
How to Port Forward Steelrising
Steelrising port forwarding is a simple process comprising the steps below:
- Log in to your router. Since routers feature a web interface, you will need a web browser to access the setup page for configurations such as port forwarding and Wi-Fi password change, among others. These browsers include Chrome, Microsoft Edge, or Mozilla Firefox. On your chosen browser, follow the steps below to log in:
- On your browser’s Address bar, enter your router’s IP address, then press Enter. A window will open requesting to input your login details.
- Enter your router’s default credentials to log in or your updated credentials if you had changed them in the past. If you have forgotten your credentials, you will need to hard reset your router, but this should be the last resort after trying all password combinations. This is because a hard reset restores your router to its factory settings.
- Once logged in, find the Port Forwarding section on your router’s home page. You can find this section under Apps and Gaming or Virtual Server, depending on your router model. Click the tab to open the Port Forwarding page.
- On the Port Forwarding page, click the Service tab and enter a name for this port forward entry.
- Enter the IP address of your gaming console in the appropriate box.
- Select the Protocol in the protocol dropdown. If your router has the Both protocol, you will create one entry. Otherwise, create two entries if your router has the TCP/UDP protocol.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports of Steelrising in the appropriate boxes. Different router models will label these boxes differently, therefore, you should enter the numbers appropriately depending on whether they are single port numbers or occurring in a range.
- Reboot your router to effect the above changes.
- Test your ports to confirm whether they opened successfully.
Ports to Forward for Steelrising
The following is the list of ports you will forward for Steelrising depending on your gaming console:
Steelrising – Steam
|UDP:||4380, 27036, 27000-27031|
Steelrising – PlayStation 5
Steelrising – Xbox Series X
|UDP:||88, 4500, 3074, 500, 3544|