Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown Port Forwarding
Virtua Fighter 5 is the final instalment in Sega’s Virtua Fighter series of arcade fighting games, which was released on one of their most well-known systems. The original version came out only a few months after 2005 and it turned into something really amazing over time as they launched location tests for the game across Japan.
Getting Started with Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown Port Forwarding
Routers feature a firewall that protects your home network from hacker access and other malicious attempts. However, some apps and games such as Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown will run and play better if you open some ports on your router. Port forwarding Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown enables you to host the game, chat, and make video calls with other gamers. Also, this configuration stabilizes your connection and reduces the chances of mission failures caused by random disconnections from unstable internet.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to port forward Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown and take your gaming experience to another level.
Related: What is Port Forwarding
Things You’ll Need Beforehand
Before port forwarding Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown, you will need to gather the following information:
- The IP address of your Xbox One, PlayStation, or PC. The IP address identifies your router on the internet and comprises a series of numbers separated by dots. It can be static or dynamic. A static IP address will remain unchanged in case of a power outage, device rebooting, or disconnection. On the other hand, a dynamic IP address will change in case of these scenarios, resulting in a port forwarding break and downtime as the other devices reconnect using the new address. Thus, for uninterrupted port forwarding, you will need a static IP address of your gaming device.
- The UDP and TCP ports of Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown to forward
- The IP address of your router
Finding Your Router’s IP Address
Finding your router’s IP address is vital as you will use this address to log in and access the set-up page for port forwarding. To find out your router’s IP address, follow the steps below:
- Press the Windows button on your keyboard or click the Start icon on your PC, and on the Windows Search bar, type Command Prompt.
- On the open Command Prompt window, type ipconfig/all
- You will see your router’s IP address next to the Default Gateway title.
How To Port Forward Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown
Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown port forwarding comprises the steps below:
- Log in to your router. Routers feature a web interface. Thus, to log in and access the set-up page for configurations including Wi-Fi password change, network name change, and port forwarding, you will need a web browser. This browser could be Microsoft Edge, Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox. On your chosen browser, log in to your router using the steps below:
- Enter your router’s IP address on the address bar and press Enter. This action will open a window prompting you to log in with your credentials.
- Enter your router’s default or your updated credentials to log in. However, if you cannot remember the updated logins, you will need to hard reset your router. A hard reset should be the last resort as it restores your router to its factory settings.
- Navigate to the Port Forwarding section on your router. On your router’s home page, click Apps and Gaming or Virtual Server to find the Port Forwarding section. Next, click the Port Forwarding tab to open the page.
- On the Port Forwarding page, click the Service tab and enter a name to remind you why you created this port forward entry.
- Enter the IP address of your gaming console or PC in the appropriate boxes.
- Select the protocol in the Protocol dropdown. If your router supports the Both protocol, you will create one entry. Otherwise, create two if it supports the TCP/UDP protocols only.
- Enter the UDP and TCP ports for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown in the respective boxes.
- At times, you may need the router to restart for the changes to apply.
- Test your ports to check if they opened successfully.
Ports to Open for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown Port Forwarding
To port forward Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown, you will open the following ports:
Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown – PlayStation 4