Set Up Asus RT-AC68U Router Port Forwarding Easily With This Guide
Asus RT-AC68U Router port forwarding helps create a direct connection between your gaming console/PC and the other players online. It is safe, easy to set up, and, most importantly, is designed to elevate your gaming experience. Here’s how you’ll set it up:
Log in to your Asus RT-AC68U Router.
- You can use any web browser on your PC to log in to your router. This can be done via entering the router’s IP address into the browser address bar.
- Use your credentials and log in.
Enable Port Forwarding
This shouldn’t take more than a few minutes. Follow these instructions diligently:
- Click on the WAN option located on the bottom-left of the screen.
- Now, click on the Port Forwarding tab at the top of the page.
- Click on Enable Port Forwarding
- You’ll see an empty list open in front of you. Now, give it a Service Name. This is the name for this forward and won’t have any effect on the actual port forwarding process.
- In the Port Range, enter the range of ports. These are the lowest and highest ports in the range (e.g. 1200-1203).
- Now, enter the IP address of your gaming console/PC in the Local IP box.
- Select the protocol you want to forward in the Protocol box.
- When finished, click on Add and then Apply.
- Now, reboot your router to let the changes take effect.
Ports To Forward
For every game’s port forwarding, you’ll need a list of ports to forward as well as the protocols. Luckily, you can find these in all our port forwarding guides for most of the popular games on the PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, and your PC.