Asus RT-N66U Router port forwarding is not only safe but reasonably easy. In laymen terms, port forwarding creates a direct connection between your gaming console/PC and other players online. Additionally, it leads to a faster data connection and better ping times. Please read on below to learn how to set it up within a few minutes:
Log in to your Asus RT-N66U Router
- Use any web browser on your PC to log in to your router. You can do this by entering the router’s IP address into the browser address bar.
- Use your credentials and log in.
Enable Port Forwarding
This is where the actual Asus RT-N66U Router port forwarding process starts. Just follow these steps to get the work done:
- Click on the WAN option located on the bottom-left of the screen.
- Now, click on the Port Forwarding tab at the top of the page.
- Click on Enable Port Forwarding
- Follow these instructions diligently, and you’ll be done in a couple of minutes:
- You’ll see an empty list open in front of you. Give it a Service Name. This is the name for this forward and won’t affect the actual port forwarding process.
- In the Port Range, enter the range of ports. These are the lowest and dash the highest port in the range. For example, enter 500-600 for all ports between 500 and 600.
- Now, enter the IP address of your gaming console/PC in the Local IP box.
- Select the protocol you want to forward in the Protocol box.
- When finished, click on Add and then Apply.
- Ideally, reboot your router to let the changes take effect.
Ports To Forward
There’s a comprehensive list of ports you can use for both the incoming and outgoing connections. You can find these in all our port forwarding guides for most popular games on the PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, and your PC.
Want to skip the work? try a Port Forwarding add-on
Why struggle through the Port Forwarding process when you can manage it easily with a Port Forwarding add-on? Try for yourself!Port Forward Now
This utility can easily help you forward any ports within seconds. So, enjoy fast and safe router port forwarding with this Port Forwarding add-on.