An Easy Guide to Asus TM-AC1900 Port Forwarding
Log into your Asus TM-AC1900 router
You can do this through any web browser. Either enter your router’s LAN address or enter http://router.asus.com. Enter your credentials as required.
Enable port forwarding
- The lower left-hand column has the Advanced Settings options. Click on WAN.
- Then click on Virtual Server/Port Forwarding
- Check the radio button for Enable Port Forwarding – Yes
- Look on the Famous Game List. If you want to play a popular game, then there’s a good chance that the Asus TM-AC1900 port forwarding settings for that game are already stored and you just need to choose it and click Apply.
- If not, go to the Famous Server List and choose HTTP. Then complete the requested details.
Source Target – This is used to specify the device(s) which can connect to the ports. If you leave it blank any device can connect to the port. This allows for maximum flexibility but minimum security. It can also jam up your port with requests.
Port Range – If you are using a gaming console (rather than a PC), it’s advisable to check whether or not your console has any particular requirements. You’ll definitely need to check the requirements for any online game you want to play.
Local IP – This is the IP address of the device you want to use to connect to the port. For gaming, this will typically be a PC or a gaming console. You should be able to find the IP address for either by digging around properties/settings. If you have no joy, you’ll almost certainly find instructions for your OS/console on the internet.
Local Port – This is the main port for the service you wish to use. It’s usually the lowest port in the range. If you’re only opening one port then just enter that number as the local port.
Protocol – You will usually need to enter two sets of details, one for the TCP protocol and one for the UDP protocol. These may be the same but they are often slightly different.
The Add/Delete button allows you to add new rules or delete ones that have ceased to be relevant (or where you made a mistake).
Ports to forward
If you use a games console, it may require certain ports to be open for it to work. Usually, however, these will be open by default. Games developers will generally publish port forwarding information with their game’s specifications.