Easiest Way To Set Up ARK Port Forwarding In A Few Simple Steps
Most router designs feature a firewall that blocks incoming requests. If you want to get ahead of your enemies while playing ARK, you will need to open ports or forward ports to your router. Through port forwarding, you create a direct link between your gaming device and incoming data packets on your Wi-Fi router. Port forwarding also enables you to forward incoming connections to your ARK game through the router. We give you a detailed guide on how to set up ARK port forwarding and take your gaming experience to a new level.
Things You’ll Need Beforehand
To successfully port forward the ARK game, you need the following information beforehand:
- Your router’s IP address
- The IP address of your PC or gaming console
- The TCP and UDP ports that you will forward
Find Your Router’s IP Address
Finding your router’s IP address is a simple process comprising the following steps:
- Enter Command Prompt on the windows search bar
- Enter “ipconfig/all” on the Command Prompt window
- Your router’s IP address will appear next to Default Gateway
How To Port Forward ARK
The following comprises a step by step process on how to port forward ARK:
- Enter the IP address of your router.
- Log in to your router. Most routers use a web interface that requires a web browser for you to access their pages. Depending on the brand you are using, open your chosen browser, either Chrome, Firefox, or Edge, and enter the admin credentials to log in.
- Find the port forwarding section on your router home page
- Click on Configure Port Forwarding to create a port forward entry
- Enter a name in the Service name to remind you of the reason behind the creation of this forward entry.
- Input the TCP and UDP port numbers accordingly for single ports and range of port forwarding
- Select or Type in the IP address of your device.
- Click OK once you are done.
Ports To Forward
The ports you will forward for the ARK game include:
- Protocol TCP-3474-3480, 1935
- Protocol UDP: 3474-3480, 3074
- Protocol TCP: 27036-27037, 27015-27030, 25147
- Protocol UDP: 27036, 2700-27031, 25147, 7777-7778, 4380
- Protocol TCP: 3074
- Protocol UDP: 4500, 3544, 3074, 500, 88
- Protocol TCP: 29920, 29901, 29900, 28910, 12400, 6667
- Protocol UDP: 1-65535