Released in 2001, Return to Castle Wolfenstein is an excellent first-person shooter game. It is available across platforms like Windows, PlayStation 2, Xbox, Linux, and Macintosh. Return to Castle Wolfenstein is a remarkable remake of the original Wolfenstein series.
But to get the best Return to Castle Wolfenstein experience, open ports – 27960-27969. It allows traffic from the server to access your system without interruptions.
Have no clue about how to forward ports? This guide walks you through all about port forwarding Return to Castle Wolfenstein.
Port Forwarding Return to Castle Wolfenstein – Requirements
Before opening ports to ensure better connectivity, we need to satisfy a few conditions. The following items are necessary for Return to Castle Wolfenstein port forwarding:
- Note the IP address of the network router.
- You also need your gaming device or console’s IP address.
- Finally, define the TCP and UDP ports required for Return to Castle Wolfenstein.
Port Forwarding Return to Castle Wolfenstein – A Step-by-Step Guide
Got everything set up? Follow the steps provided below to forward ports for Return to Castle Wolfenstein:
- Fire up a web browser in your system.
- Enter your router’s IP address in the search bar instead of a URL.
- Press Enter.
- To access the router settings, log in using your username and password.
- Navigate to the Port forwarding area on the dashboard.
- Open the Port Forwarding window.
- Enter your console’s IP address in the appropriate field.
- Define the TCP and UDP ports for forwarding return to the Castle Wolfenstein server port.
- The default TCP port number for Return to Castle Wolfenstein is 27960. The UDP port is 27969.
- To save these configurations, click on the Apply button.
- Restart your router.
- Now you can easily connect to the Return to Castle Wolfenstein server.
TCP and UDP Ports – Return to Castle Wolfenstein Server
You need to forward a few ports for the best Return to Castle Wolfenstein experience. The default TCP & UDP ports for Return to Castle Wolfenstein are:
- UDP – 27969
- TCP – 27960
Skip the Fuss- Use a Port Forwarding Add-On
Do you have trouble forwarding ports? Use a port forwarding add-on to avoid the extra work. Manage all of your ports with only a few simple clicks.
How to Open Ports Behind CGNAT
Perhaps CGNAT is the reason behind your port forwarding struggle. Most ISPs employ CGNAT to save bandwidth and conserve the IP pool. This technique allows a user to be assigned the same IP as many others on the network. CGNAT makes it challenging to open ports on the router dues to this shared IP address.
You can bypass CGNAT and forward ports without difficulty using a Port Forwarding add-on.
Learn more about how a Port Forwarding add-on helps you bypass CGNAT in a few clicks.
Open Ports for Port Forwarding Add-on
A secure way to open all ports
Port forwarding can be challenging for a lot of people. Since routers have different dashboards, it isn’t easy to locate specific settings. It complicates the procedure significantly.
Besides, on your router, you might not always be able to open ports for Return to Castle Wolfenstein. That is considering that your ISP might not allow that. Service providers often block ports due to security concerns. So do system firewalls.
But you can fix all these problems and play lag-free online games on any device you choose with a Port Forwarding add-on. Additionally, you can quickly manage your ports and increase your upload and download rates.