Terraria Port Forwarding: Set It Up Within Minutes With This Guide
Terraria is an action-adventure sandbox game. It was developed and released by Re-Logic in 2011. The game is a PC-exclusive with exploration, crafting, building, painting, and combat as some of the primary gameplay elements. Like most sandbox games, it uses a 2D design that is procedurally generated. With more than 30 million copies sold, it is one of the most successful sandbox games ever made. However, gamers can easily enhance their gaming experience thanks to Terraria port forwarding. How? Read on below to learn more.
Getting Started With Terraria Port Forwarding
Port forwarding creates a direct connection between you and any other player you want to play online. All major routers from Netgear, TP-Link, Asus, and all others block screen each incoming connection (or they funnel the connection to a generic device on the network) unless you direct them to connect to a specific device at the end of your connection. Keep reading to learn how you can set the connection to go directly to your gaming device. What does that achieve? Better ping times, stabler connection, and most importantly, a far superior gaming experience.
Things You’ll Need Beforehand
You’ll only need three things before setting up port forwarding. These are listed below:
- Your router’s IP Address (explained in the section below).
- Your PC/gaming console’s IP Address (Read our detailed PlayStation 4 and Xbox One Port Forwarding guides to learn how to find these out).
- The TCP and UDP Ports to forward (scroll to the bottom of this article for those)
Find Out Your Router’s IP Address
Just follow these steps and you won’t have any trouble finding out your router’s IP Address:
- Type Command Prompt in the Windows search bar.
- Once the Command Prompt window is open, type in “ipconfig”
- Your router’s IP Address will be mentioned next to Default Gateway.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding
Once you have all the above-listed info, it shouldn’t take more than a few minutes to set up Terraria port forwarding on your PC/gaming console. Follow these steps:
- Open any web browser and log in to your router (type in the IP Address of your router into the address bar).
- Scroll down and find the Port Forwarding section.
- Enter the IP Address of your PC/gaming console in the relevant box.
- Likewise, enter the TCP/UDP ports for your games in the appropriate box (Find these listed in the section below).
- Save the settings and reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Use
You can use the following ports:
Protocol TCP: 7777
Protocol UDP: 7777